For thirty-five years the U.S. Catholic Historian has published theme-based issues relevant to the history of American Catholicism. An upcoming issue will address the theme of transatlantic Catholicism. Contributions could include, but are not limited to, studies of the following:
- Religious linkages between Europe and the United States, including intellectual, cultural, and devotional connections
- Reception of magisterial texts in the U.S.
- Euro-Catholic assessments of the Church in America
- “Americanism” and Modernism and relationships to European intellectual life
- Reception in the U.S. of visiting prelates, apostolic delegates, etc.
- Connections between religious life in Europe and the U.S.
- Comparative studies of a key issue, event, movement, etc., in transatlantic perspective
Scholars considering a submission are asked to contact the editor, Fr. David Endres at DEndres@Athenaeum.edu before preparing a contribution. Approximate length is 7,000-10,000 words. We ask for submissions by February 1, 2018 and look forward to hearing from potential contributors.
Fr. David Endres
Editor, U.S. Catholic Historian