Effective July 25, 2014
- Our Commitment To Privacy
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Our Commitment To Data Security
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- How To Contact Us
The privacy of our members, guests, and all site users is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we provide a link to it on the bottom of every page on ACHAhistory.org.
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on ACHAhistory.org. On some pages and parts of the site, you can register for events and submit information to the ACHA. On certain areas of the site, registered members may post messages and, in private, password-protected areas, update their ACHA membership record, which includes personal information. The types of personal information collected on ACHAhistory.org can be divided into four categories:
1. Information submitted by and collected about all site visitors. This information includes:
- information about site usage (e.g., length, pages viewed, number of visits, etc.)
- any information you voluntarily furnish to us when contacting us or registering for an ACHA-sponsored event or service. (e.g., your name, e-mail address, phone number, etc.)
2. Information collected from registered members. ACHAhistory.org serves as the online hub of ACHA membership. As such, members may access, edit, and update their membership details online via a secure, password-protected area of ACHAhistory.org. Members who joined the ACHA before February 22, 2010 will automatically have their membership details available to them on ACHAhistory.org. Members joining on or after February 22, 2010 will be required to provide the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Academic affiliation
- Research interests
3. Information needed to process orders, purchases and registrations. When purchasing a service, membership, or item from the ACHA, we will collect any information necessary to furnish the service or process your order. This will usually include your name, address, and credit card information.
We use the information you provide about yourself when using the site for internal purposes only. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to process orders or payments or to improve technical performance.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
ACHA members can access and edit all personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging in and accessing the profile feature of their accounts. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please e-mail us at [email protected].