The Sisters of the Precious Blood, founded in 1834 by Mother Maria Anna Brunner, are an active apostolic congregation ministering to the needs of the times.
In 1901, the Sisters of the Precious Blood acquired Kneipp Springs, a health spa famous for its water treatments in Rome City, Indiana. Although the buildings were in sore need of repair, the Sisters took on the challenge and began a 75-year ministry to those in need of relaxation and wellness. Kneipp Springs became one of the most popular health and wellness destinations in the country.
In 1976, the Sisters left Kneipp Springs. In 2018, the 80-acre site, including the convent building and surrounding farm, was designated a historic district and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as “Kneipp Springs Historic District.”
To learn more about the rich archival collections of the Sisters of the Precious Blood, contact archivist Sarah Aisenbrey and look at their website.
Sisters of the Precious Blood
CPPS Archives at Salem Heights
4960 Salem Avenue
Dayton, OH 45416