On April 11, 2023, by a vote of 91-2, the Association’s membership ratified several updates to the ACHA Constitution. The revisions to the Constitution, which took effect as of the close of voting, do the following:
- Provide additional detail on the name and purpose of the ACHA.
- Clarify the membership process.
- Split the position of Executive Secretary-Treasurer to: Executive Director, Assistant Director, and Treasurer.
- Clarify roles and expectations of the Officers and Executive Council.
- Clarify the schedule of ACHA meetings.
- Clarify potential for compensation for chairing committees and more formally, establishing a Finance Committee, chaired by the Treasurer.
- Permit the ACHA to publish content online.
The full text of the updated Constitution is always available on achahistory.org.