Submission deadline is January 20, 2017
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL:Download the submission form from the ASCH website.
The Spring Meeting of the ACHA will be held April 6-9, 2017, in Berkeley, California. The conference will be held co-jointly with the American Society of Church Historians (ASCH) and sponsored by the following schools of the Graduate Theological Union: Church Divinity School of the Pacific, Jesuit School of Theology, Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary, Pacific School of Religion, San Francisco Theological Seminary, and the Starr King School for the Ministry.
The Program Committee invites ACHA members and other interested scholars to submit paper and session proposals on any aspect of the history of Christianity and its interaction with culture. As 2017 is the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Reformation in Germany and given Berkeley and California’s connections to the Americas and the Pacific, the Committee is especially interested in submissions which examine the following topics:
- Luther and the other reformers
- Women and the Reformations
- Reformation centenaries
- Reformation myths
- Reformation and secularism and/or pluralism
- Christianity and reform in Asia, the Pacific, and the Americas
- Reform in the Early Church and Early Modern Church (Catholic and Orthodox)
- The question of reform in religion
- Interfaith relations and dialogue (i.e., Christianity’s intersections with other world religions)
- Current issues in the teaching and writing of Church history/the history of religion
We welcome individual and group proposals of formal papers, panel and round table discussions, consideration of a major recent book, and other relevant themes and issues. Panels should exhibit diversity of gender, rank, and scholarly location in their composition. We encourage graduate student participation.
Proposals should consist of a submission form and the associated information outlined therein:
- For individual papers: Submission form, which requires a 500-word summary of the paper and a one-page CV or 250-word biographical sketch.
- For sessions: Submission form, which requires a 500-word thematic abstract, 300-word abstracts for each paper, a one-page CV or 250-word biographical sketch, names of proposed chairs and respondents.
- For panels or roundtable discussion: Submission form, which requires a 500-word session overview, 300-word descriptions of each paper, and a 250-word biographical sketch for each participant.
To submit a proposal, please download a submission form from the ASCH website.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail to Randi Walker, the chair of the Program Committee, at email@example.com
The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, 20 January 2017.
NOTE: All program participants must register for the conference.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL: Download the submission form from the ASCH website.