International Conference “Religious identities in conflict? Coexistence, Exchanges and Confrontations in the Mediterranean (12th-18th c.)”
Call for papers
Date and place: 7th – 8th May 2015, University of Valencia, Geography and History College.
The question of “identity”, as well as the integration of minorities under a specific legal, political and religious framework is one of the most relevant topics in international research. This conference will focus on the multidisciplinary analysis of the evolution of this trans- cultural reality, specifically on the mechanisms for integration and exclusion existing during the 12th to the 18th centuries in the Mediterranean, due to the presence of diverse religions.
The topics for analysis and discussion will be:
- Analysis of the formation of religious identity in the Mediterranean.
- Spaces for living together.
- Inquisition, violence and repression.
- The image of the “other”
- Inter-religious solidarity networks.
Call for communications
If you wish to present a communication, please, send an abstract of maximum 400 words, in Spanish, English, Italian or French, together with a brief academic summary, including main research milestones and publications. Deadline for abstracts is March 31st 2015. Confirmation of participation will be on April 7th 2015. Abstracts and résumés should be sent to the e-mail: email@example.com.
Communications will be 15-minute long. The scientific paper will be published in the Conference Book, following a double-blind peer review process.
Updates on the conference can be followed on the conference’s Facebook page.
- University students – attendance only: 10 € (Eur).
- Professors of professionals – attendance only: 20 € (Eur)..
- In both cases, a certificate of attendance will be issued provided the person has participated in at least 75% of the sessions.
- Participants with communication: 50 € (Eur). This inscription includes the Conference Book, which will be published by December 2015.
Fees must be paid by bank transfer BEFORE MAY 2ND 2015 to the following bank account (Santander): IBAN ES24 0049 6721 6828 1002 2843
The concept should indicate “Identities in conflict” plus the name of the participant.
To register, send the proof of payment and your personal and contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org