PANEL & ROUNDTABLE SUBMISSIONS
Call for panels and roundtables: The American Catholic Historical Association invites submissions on any topic relevant to the study of Catholicism for its annual meeting in Seattle, WA, January 7-9, 2021. We especially encourage individual paper and panel submissions that address the following:
- Catholicism and missions
- Pacific-rim Catholicism
- Catholicism in the western United States
- Catholicism and the environment
- Catholicism and public scholarship
- Communities traditionally marginalized in the field of Catholic history
- Premodern or early modern Catholicism
We welcome panel proposals that depart from the traditional paper session format, including roundtables, book discussions, and site visits. Please also consider submissions that demonstrate disciplinary and/or methodological diversity, including panels comprised of scholars outside the field of history who understand history as relevant to their discipline. Finally, we strongly encourage panels that reflect both generational diversity and diversity of professional appointment (including graduate students, contingent faculty, independent scholars, and those employed outside the traditional academy).
- A panel consists of 3-4 papers with a chairperson and a commentator.
For panels, include a 500-word prospectus in addition to a 200-word prospectus for each paper.
- A roundtable consists of a 3-5 people with a chairperson.
For roundtables, book discussions or other session formats, include a 500-word prospectus and list of participants.
Note: This form is for roundtables and panels only. If you are proposing a paper, please use this form.
Submission deadline: July 1, 2020
Joint AHA-ACHA panels: February 15, 2020