Future Issue of U.S. Catholic Historian:
U.S. Catholics and Latin America: Commemorating the U.S. Churchwomen (1980-2020)
For more than thirty-five years the U.S. Catholic Historian has published theme-based issues relevant to the history of American Catholicism. An upcoming issue will address the theme of U.S. Catholics and Latin America.
Contributions could include, but are not limited to, historical studies of the following:
- U.S. Catholics’ missionary engagement in Latin America
- Catholic influence on U.S. foreign policy in Latin America
- Relationship between the Latin American Church and U.S. military interventions
- Reaction to and remembrance of the deaths of the four U.S. churchwomen in El Salvador in 1980
- U.S. reaction to and remembrance of the murders of Óscar Romero (1980) or the Jesuits in El Salvador (1989).
Scholars considering a submission are asked to contact the editor, Fr. David Endres at DEndres@mtsm.org before preparing a contribution. Approximate length is 7,000-10,000 words. We ask for submissions by May 1, 2020 and look forward to hearing from potential contributors.